Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teens Today and Tomorrow

Social Media has taken a major role within students lives today. On a daily basis, I see students accessing the mobile version of social media (whether it be on a Driod, iPhone, or BlackBerry) constantly. The article was not something that was of surprise in the fact that it noted the abundance of teen users, rather the economic standing of the users that attended to SNS more often. I originally imagined that students with a wealthier family life would visit social networking sites more often, simply because of the availability at their disposal; however, this study proves different. I have been attempting to analyze why this is so, thought about a few reasons, but I cannot pinpoint why students who are from a lower economic standing visit SNS more often. I wish the article provided a more descriptive analysis of the study, because honestly, there is not much proof or explanation to understand the purpose of the study itself. Perhaps I am being an over-analytical English teacher, but the study of Social Media now in comparison to 2006 does really examine much that would provide teachers with an understanding of how this affects today's children. Is there something that I am missing after reading the article?

No comments:

Post a Comment