Friday, November 5, 2010

Smarty Pants, Alex Trebeck

I have always thought that Jeopardy was a fun way for students to review specific topics, yet at times the lengthy amount of time put into preparation and preparing this game was intimidating. When I went to high school, I felt that the creation of this multi-player game truly gave everyone in the classroom a chance to soak up all the information learned within a unit; needless to say, I fell in love with it when I was young, yet I never recognized what went into the creation of the game until I started student teaching. I was overwhelmed, tired, and honestly, over it. Thank you Alex Trebeck for reading the subject areas with simplicity because I was definitely misdirected in believing that the creation of clues would be easy as pie. I searched around for other ways to administer this review, but I did not find anything I liked until this lesson I stumbled across in planning for Macbeth.

The SmartExchange program provided me with the template (therefore I did not have to design the setup of the game), the most difficult part to create. It allowed for me to simply fill in clues, which I had generated from resources within my school building, my essential questions, and specific lines from the text. I came to understand that in the simple development of the interactive Jeopardy game, I found the love that I had once felt about it. I realized that with this application, my students would be able to experience a far more beneficial aspect of review; when practicing the use of Jeopardy, after I created the slides, which may I add were very simple to understand, I became a more knowledgeable teacher, not only on the subject of Shakespeare, but on technological applications. I highly recommend using this SmartLesson in your classroom, and the best feature this application offers is that is available for ALL subject areas and grade levels. Try it out for yourself, and feel the love :)

Thanks SmartExchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment